Friday, September 18, 2009

Animate

This Animate occupies the second floor of this building.
My favorite K-ON! manga were being sold. Anybody who likes manga by CLAMP?
In this section they were selling manga for girls.
You can reserve anime dvds before they are released.


I said before that people living in suburban areas rely on a local store that sells anime goods, but as for me, if I drive for about 40 minutes, I can visit an Animate in Chiba prefecture.

You can buy almost all kinds of manga there. Back in '95 or so, it was also selling many kinds of anime goods such as notebooks, erasers, postcards, all of which had anime characters printed on. But when I went to this Animate, it was selling mainly manga, or comic books*.

But it is still a place where otaku frequent, and in fact Animate was featured in Lucky Star many times. In the episode 16 of Lucky Star, the store manager of an anime shop manager called Anizawa-Meito(Ani"zawa"mate) appears and tries to ply Konata with anime dvds. Konata enters the shop in the video at 7:10.

*I'm sorry, according to what I found today, this Animate sells other anime goods in the 3rd floor. I will look into it later on.