Thursday, September 10, 2009

Train station

A train station in the center of my city.
It costs me about 10 us dollars to Akihabara.
The ticket barriers. You can also use electronic money such as Pasmo, Suica, instead of actual money.
The elevator that carries old or handicapped people.
A train is coming into the platform.

I usually don't take advantage of train, but when I want to buy things like electrical devices, anime-rellated goods, I go to Akihabara by train. This line, called "Tsukuba Express", carries me from where I live directly to the terminal station Akihabara in about 40 minutes.
This TX was built in '05, so the train cars are relatively new, and one can have access to the Internet by using wi-fi on the train or station premises. And since some parts of this railway are underground, TX doesn't have railroad crossings at all. I took a ride but it didn't jolt like old railways such as Yamanote line.
Japanese railways criss-cross the nation, so when we are going to a major city, we can reach the destination by train.