Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Japanese scenery

Stepping stones that lead to a pond.

You can see carps under water.

I sit around this pond before playing tennis.

In fall we can see lots of dragonflies laying eggs here.

There are several parks in my city and most of them were modeled after a western one. You might think in rural areas of Japan everything would look like Japanese, but sometimes I find it difficult to take pictures of something typically Japanese.

But this park in the center of my city looks very much like a Japanese one. I usually take advantage of this park to play tennis, since this park has two tennis courts, and one day I noticed it had a Japanese style.

I don't think foreign people come to Japan to go shopping at a mall. But in fact there are too many modernized buildings even in rural areas, which may disappoint them. If we truly want to attract tourists from abroad, we should keep our traditional culture intact.