Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Walking around in a mall

As I'm on vacation now, I went to a shopping mall in a city called Moriya yesterday and took some pics.


I saw an Evangelion calender for 2010. This anime was broadcast in '95, but due to the sequels released as movies, it is still popular among people. 14 years has passed since its TV version, so I guess it has fans aged teens to thirties. 

 
Basically I don't play video games now, but I'm very familiar with the Final Fantasy series. This shop was selling a FF XIII for 7,800yen, or about 85 us dollars.

 
One of the heroines from FF XIII called "Oerba Dia Vannile". I always wonder why all the characters from the FF series have to look like foreign people. But the clothes she's wearing won't fit Japanese girls. And i think it is one of the reasons why foreign cosplayers look better.

 
A Pocketmonster dvd was being sold. I used to watch Pokemon and the anime young people would first think of must be this followed by Doraemon.

 
A sergeant Keroro movie will be released soon. On your right you see a Draemon movie. You can watch these movies for 1,000 yen or 10.9 us dollars on the 20th or 30th of a month. 

 
A Precure movie will be due out soon. Girls would know more about this than me. 

Whenever I walk about in the street of a city or in a mall, I often see anime or video games advertisements. I remember once an American actress saying "Japan must be full of anime advertisements". It is not completely right, but holds true to some extent. As I was born in Japan and grew up watching anime, I think nothing of those anime advertisements displayed everywhere, but foreign people would think differently. But some of those foreign people who like anime or video games would enjoy seeing them.