Monday, January 25, 2010

Posh sushi bar

I made a posting on a revolving sushi bar in October, but I've wanted to make another posting on really good sushi that would satisfy every Japanese. I said before that we Japanese don't go to a good sushi bar so often, and I ended up not visiting such a place in months. But this time let me show you an example of good sushi.

 I can find several good sushi bars in my neighborhood, but as I was searching for a superb sushi bar on the Internet, there were only a few. And this one was situated close to the center of my city, and it is frequented by foreign people as well. 

 
 I was going to have regular beer before sushi, but since I had to drive back to my home I chose this beer-looking drink that didn't have any alcohol at all. This beverage called "Free" made by Kirin has become really popular among us recently, because you can have the taste that is no different from beer while you are driving. 

 
 This sushi plate was served in 20 minutes or less. At some good sushi bars, you would be kept waiting for more than 30 minutes. You can see tuna, eel, shrimp and etc. on the plate. When I had all of the sushi you're seeing, I was already satisfied. 

 
 I think many Japanese people would name sea urchin sushi as their favorite. I also like it, but since it is very expensive, the chef would serve only one piece of sea urchin sushi on your plate.

 
 These are called Negitoro. I introduced the same Negitoro with this picture, but the tuna this sushi had was much softer and spread in my mouth instantly. 4 or 5 pieces of Negitoro would make you satisfied. Negi means green onion and toro is tuna rich in fat. 

 
As my friends wanted to have sea urchin sushi additionally, we ordered this. This was sweeter than the one I showed above. You know, truly good sea urchin tastes a bit sweet.

We paid about 4,900 yen or about 55 us dollars per person. You know, people normally don't spend that much for dinner, but we Japanese feel like having good sushi from time to time. Sorry, I repeated "good sushi" in this posting while you're just looking at the pictures.  I want to taste really delicious sushi in foreign lands as well, and see the difference (^-^)