Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dandelion (Cake shop)

In my city there is a cake shop called "Dandelion" where you can have tea, coffee and cake. I don't know when it started its business, but there are several good cake shops in my city, and since each piece of cake isn't so expensive, people in my city seem to keep buying some even when the economy is so bad as this. And as I said before, people in Japan now prefer to buy things that can be enjoyed at home, so, most of the cake shops in my city have been still in business.


Please take a look at the orange sign on top of the blue rectangular sign. I think you can recognize a white dandelion. As in other countries, dandelions bloom in spring, so I thought my visit was in accordance with the season.

Probably you didn't recognize by seeing the first photo, but the ceiling was so high. Most of the houses in Japan are really small, and their ceilings tend to be very low.

How popular a madeleine is in your country? When I was small there weren't so many kinds of sweets available in Japan, but I used to have this often even during my childhood.

I found these cute figurines. I personally like jazz music as well, like Curtis Fuller, Art Blakey and Miles Davis. Heavy metal is also my favorite, but it wouldn't go well with cake.

You can take a seat at those tables, and it seemed you'd be allowed to smoke there. As you can see there was a puddle beyond the right table, and yes, it was rainy on this day. The weather in spring is so changeable in Japan, but we could have more sunny days this spring. 

This is Matcha cake. You can see some sweet azuki beans in the white cream. I think this is the second or third time that I show you Matcha, but it does taste good for me and I think foreign people would like it too, especially when they like something sweet and bitter. 

We Japanese often see on TV celebrities called "Sweets guys". They are a kind of guys who like something sweet like cake, and such feminine guys are said to be on the increase in Japan. I wouldn't say whether those guys are good or bad, but I think there have always been such guys and that they didn't pop out of nowhere all of a sudden.