Monday, May 31, 2010

Genki Sushi

I prefer sushi bars over Kaitenzushi just because I like everything to be authentic. But from time to time I want to have sushi at Kaitenzushi restaurants for two reasons: a) Every sushi is very cheap, b) You can have irregular sushi that are not available at a sushi bar. So my friends and I decided to have lunch at this "Genki Sushi" this Sunday. You know, Genki means "fine" in English, so when you see your Japanese friends, you can ask them "Genki? (How are you?)".

As far as I know there are several Kaitenzushi restaurants in my city, and I'd like to introduce one by one in future. The two Kaitenzushi I've introduced were "Toppi" and "Hamazushi".

Clockwise from left: sardine, bonito, and salmon. They weren't on the same dish but I put them together so that you can see them in one picture.

"Aburi Benizake" or roasted sockeye salmon. These were pretty yummy, and I had another dish of this. I'm liable to have salmon at sushi restaurants since it includes the nutrition called Omega 3.

When i was in the USA, I had some very strange sushi, but you can have hamburger at this sushi restaurant. I guess it was for kids.

I felt hungry after having all those sushi, so I ordered this Udon. Not that you can have Udon at every sushi restaurant, but this was more delicious than those sushi. I didn't come here for Udon though. You can see Tempura called "Kakiage" on top of it.

And I had this dessert that had pieces of orange, cherry and yogurt pudding. You can have some kinds of cake as well here, and the reason why they offer such sweet things might be they want children as customers. Children alone can't come here, so they bring their parents as additional customers. I could call this Genki Sushi a "family" sushi restaurant.