Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ajanta (A curry restaurant) and then some

Now that the rainy season is over and the sweltering summer has come, it's the best time for me to visit Akihabara. Some people say they don't like summer because the humidity makes them sweat, but as for me I become very active from July to August.

 Foreign people sometimes don't like curry, but it's one of the most popular dishes among the Japanese people. I once had a friend whose family had a "curry day" once a week. My friends and me had planned to come to this Ajanta in Akihabara as its sign grabbed our attention. 

 It was dim inside and Indian music videos were being played on end.

 This one was "chicken curry". I could choose from five levels of spiciness, but mine was "a little spicy", the level 2. The taste was good enough to recommend to other people as well.

 Btw, do you know there is service in Akihabara with which you can have your ears cleaned by a girl? The price was as you can see 2,700 yen for 30 minutes. Or about 33 us dollars. Would you pay for it? 

And I dropped by "AKIBA cultures ZONE", which I introduced with this pic. I bought this Rozen Maiden Doujinshi, which included no graphic scenes, but as it was stuck in between very lewd ones, I had to try hard to find this non-R18. You can buy the latest Doujinshi at Comiket, but a little old ones are available in Akihabara all through the year. This cost as little as 210 yen.