Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seiryuu (清瀧)

I had sushi in January and this was the second time I had sushi this year. As I told you, we Japanese consider sushi as very expensive, and we have it mostly on special occasions like one's birthday or promotion.

 The name of this restaurant was 清瀧, and I think it can be translated as "a pure waterfall". If you write the latter Kanji as 龍, its meaning is "a dragon", but with the three strokes on the left side, its meaning changes to a waterfall. 

 As I was waiting for my dish to be delivered, I found this Leo statue. The Kanji 獅子 means Leo. There was another room on my right, and the people were making noises and I was a bit irritated. 

This is a set I ordered for lunch. Of course the main dish was sushi, but I could have Osumashi (お澄まし) and Chawanmushi (茶わん蒸し) as side dishes. The former tastes like diluted soy sauce, which looks like the black soup on the right, and the latter is like steamed egg that contains boiled chicken and some pieces of vegetable, and it is to the left of the Osumashi and looks yellow. 

I have to say this set was reasonable as it was about only 12 US dollars, and this was the reason why I could have sushi for no special reason :)